1. Heavenly Father:
The All-knowing and Ever-present God
For the leader. A psalm of David.
Lord, you have probed me, you know me: you know when I sit and stand; you understand my thoughts from afar.
My travels and my rest you mark; with all my ways you are familiar.
Even before a word is on my tongue, Lord, you know it all.
Behind and before you encircle me and rest your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is beyond me, far too lofty for me to reach.
Where can I hide from your spirit?
From your presence, where can I flee?
If I ascend to the heavens, you are there; if I lie down in Sheol, you are there too.
If I fly with the wings of dawn and alight beyond the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand hold me fast.
If I say, "Surely darkness shall hide me, and night shall be my light" Darkness is not dark for you, and night shines as the day.
Darkness and light are but one.
You formed my inmost being; you knit me in my mother's womb.
I praise you, so wonderfully you made me; wonderful are your works!
My very self you knew; my bones were not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, fashioned as in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes foresaw my actions; in your book all are written down; my days were shaped, before one came to be.
How precious to me are your designs, O God; how vast the sum of them!
Were I to count, they would outnumber the sands; to finish, I would need eternity.
If only you would destroy the wicked, O God, and the bloodthirsty would depart from me!
Deceitfully they invoke your name; your foes swear faithless oaths.
Do I not hate, Lord, those who hate you?
Those who rise against you, do I not loathe?
With fierce hatred I hate them, enemies I count as my own.
Probe me, God, know my heart; try me, know my concerns.
See if my way is crooked, then lead me in the ancient paths.
2. My Family: Hubby, Parents, Sister, Brother, and In-Laws
“What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.”
― Mother Teresa [source]
3. Megaman- He is my sister’s dog, and is the sweetest most loving pet anyone can ever know! He brings joy to the home, and I am thankful for him. =]
Yummy recipe time!
I had a crazy snack attack day. I literally could not keep my hands out of the cookie jar! Well, it wasn’t cookies, but granola. I’ve noticed that whenever I go and change my eating, I tend to crave sweets, and desserts more than ever. What is it that I must do? I need to prepare. In the meantime, I took a notice at what I ate today, and it wasn’t pretty. But with that, I need to pay for it with my weekly points.
Since I was going crazy with the sweets, I decided why not, and just bake! I haven’t baked in a really long time. Thinking about it, after my mommy bought me my kitchenaid mixer, I baked like 3 times after that… SAD, I know! So, I wanted to wake my baby up, and get her juices flowing again! ( I’m talking about my mixer, ppl! )
I was inspired by looking at my complimentary Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut oil, and wanted to make something healthy and delicious. I’ve been reading Allie’s Blog Live Laugh Eat, and she not only inspires you to get healthier, but the recipes that she has on her site: OMGosh, you just cannot stop drooling over her goodies! I saw a recipe that she had called Healthy Blueberry Banana Bread Cake. I wanted to make muffins, so I could share some with my parents, and also, if I have a whole loaf, I end up just eating it like crazy. Her recipe and mine are different, so check out her recipe of deliciousness! ( just to let you know, she uses avocado in this recipe, and I thought that was pretty awesome!)
The ripest banana’s ever! No, I did not find them in the garbage can outside! I had them in a plastic bag, and stored them in the fridge. =]
Banana Cocoa Almond Muffins:
**Nutritional Facts gathered here were done by Sparkrecipes calculator. I put in the ingredeints that I used, and got these results. **
Calories: 180 Fat: 8.1g Carbs: 28.6g Fiber: 4.5g Protein: 3.8g Sugar: 13.8g WWpoints plus: 5
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup wheat germ ( *** to make these muffin gluten free, do not use the wheat germ and use oat flour instead***)
- 1/3 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda
- 1 extra large egg
- 2 1/2 TBSP coconut oil ( I used Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar ( If you want a sweeter muffin, I would suggest to add 1 cup of brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup Trader Joes Cocoa Almond spread ( you can use nutella or any chocolate spread that you have)
- 1/2 cup of almond milk, vanilla unsweetened
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a mixing bowl, add in all your dry ingredients and mix it up together. In a stand mixer, add in all the wet ingredients, and start on low to stir and adjust the speed to medium. After the wet ingredients are all mixed, adjust the setting to low, and slowly add in the dry ingredients. Mix well, and in a muffin pan, sprayed with non stick spray, spoon in the mixture.
2. Put the tray in the oven for 45 mins, and check for it’s doneness with a toothpick after that time. Once it’s done, you can set it to cool and enjoy, or dig in, like I did! Woo hoo! =]